Best Pre Workout Supplements & Pre-Workout Guide
While most of us know that it is important to fuel our bodies after a heavy workout so that it may repair itself, many people neglect their pre workout regimen. According to muscleandstrength.com, a good pre workout supplement can improve performance, strength, endurance, protein synthesis, energy, focus, nutrient delivery and assimilation, metabolic rate, optimal hormonal environment, and finally, decrease muscle breakdown during training. Without these benefits, athletes are not able to get the most benefits out of their time and hard work; therefore, many companies have begun creating specialized supplements specifically targeting the pre workout part of training. Preworkout.com has many of said supplements on sale and, in this article, we will be reviewing four of their top-rated pre-workout supplements.
To start, NoxyFuel claims to only contain needed antioxidants, vitamins, amino acids and minerals. Nitric Oxide is a key feature in NoxyFuel, which is specially designed to enlarge the blood vessels in muscles. This can help them receive the necessary nutrients and minerals needed for intense workouts and muscle growth. Along with Nitric Oxide, there are ten other important factors to consider when buying Musclecore NoxyFuel:
- Vitamin B6 – B6 is a co-enzyme that is used by the body to metabolize amino acids, fats, and glucose. It helps improve the body’s ability to utilize protein when it builds and repairs muscle tissue. In addition, this powerful vitamin turns carbohydrates and fat into usable energy to get you through intense workouts.
- Vitamin B12 – Influential in the regeneration of red blood cells, B12 carries oxygen through the bloodstream, allowing nutrients to reach muscles easier and faster. By making your metabolism more efficient, the body is able to change ATP into instant fuel at an accelerated rate.
- Arginine Alpha-K – By increasing Nitric Oxide production, Arginine Alpha-K helps in the expansion of veins and the absorption of important ingredients (such as B6 and B12). /li>
- L-Arginine – This specialized formula works much like Nitric Oxide; it enlarges the veins and saturates the muscles with nutritious blood. With the addition of Ketoglutarate, Arginine AKG helps increase the level of Glutamine in muscles, which assists in the protection of muscles from catabolic processes. In laymen’s terms, it prevents the breakdown of muscles. Also, research has shown that Arginine AKG causes the body to secrete growth hormone and IGF-1, which both help the body build muscle quickly.
- Creatine Monohydrate – Creatine is produced in the liver, kidneys, and pancreas, after which it is transported to the muscles and changed into phosphocreatine. This compound replenishes ATP, the main form of usable energy in the body. The increase in ATP provides you with more strength, endurance, and power. The theory behind this process is that your metabolism will increase as your lean muscle increases with your increased workout intensity.
- DiCreatine Malate- A blend of Creatine and Malic Acid, Dicreatine Malate works to raise ATP levels for reasons stated above.
- Creatine Ethyl Ester – Similar to the other creatine variants, Creatine Ethyl Ester’s function is to increase ATP production; however, it is absorbed by the body much faster than the previous two creatine supplements.
- Beta Alanine – Beta Alanine is used to make Carnosine; Carnosine is an important part of thickening muscle fibers and insulating myofibrils from lactic acid, which is the cause of muscle soreness after workouts.
- Citrulline Malate – Not only does Citrulline Malate help vain dilation, but it also boosts plasma levels of Arginine. When the body has a larger supply of Arginine in the blood, Nitric Oxide is better able to swell veins and carry large amounts of blood to muscles.
NoxyFuel can be purchased online at $44.95 for a 45 day supply, $85.95 for a 90 day supply, or $114.95 for a 135 day supply. It comes with a 90 day satisfaction guarantee warning, meaning that all you have to do is send in a single empty bottle, along with any other unopened bottle and you will receive a full refund.
Currently marketed as increasing the users creatine intake by “10 times the average creatine supplement”, Musclecore Decacor claims that any consumer will see results in two weeks. This “super enhancer” contains ten different forms of creatine, as opposed to the usual two to three; it is unique in the fact that, as opposed to the other reviewed supplements, it only contains variants of creatine, no other enhancers or vitamins.
- Creapure – Creapure has been shown to ensure bone and muscle health and after extensive research, has been proven to be non-toxic.
- Creatine Ethyl Ester – Esters are responsible for increasing the amount of creatine absorbed and eliminates bloat caused by regular creatine.
- Kre-Alkalyn pH Correct Creatine – This form of creatine is very useful due to it being easier for the stomach to absorb; you can take less of it and it will still be effective. Studies have shown that when comparing athletes on Kre-alkalyn creatine against athletes on creatine monohydrate, those who were on the Kre-alkalyn creatine beat out the other group in weight and strength by 28.25%.
- Creatine Anhydrous – Delivering 6% more creatine per dose than monohydrate creatine, creatine anhydrous is essentially normal creatine with one water molecule removed.
- 2CM Di-Creatine – This form of creatine is more absorbable than normal creatine; it acts as a lactic acid buffer, which means it prevents cramps and upset stomach. 2CM Di-creatine also replenishes ATP rapidly, increases cell volume, muscle mass, overall strength, and endurance.
- Creatine Alpha-Ketoglutarate – Creatine Alpha Ketoglutarate has been shown to help the body absorb, use, and transport creatine directly into the muscles, allowing it to build muscle more effectively.
- Magnesium Creatine Chelate – This natural combination of creatine and magnesium allows muscles to absorb through the ligand-gated cation channel; this is more effective and allows the body to absorb more creatine. Typically, normal creatin goes through a sodium dependent transporter as opposed to a ligand-gated cation channel. This method has been shown to enhance performance in athletes.
- Tri-Creatine Malate – Providing a higher rate of water solubility, Tri-Creatine Malate has been shown to increase power and absorption. It also reduces water retention, bloating, and many other side effects of creatine monohydrate.
- Creatine Citrate – Creatine Citrate is a combination of creatine and citric acid; it has been proven to increase physical performance during workouts lasting between two and fifty minutes.
- Di-Creatine Orotate – A combination of creatine monohydrate and orotic acid, Di-Creatine Orotate is used to increase strength, energy, mass, and performance. It helps the body produce more muscle during ATP formation and assists with the absorption of phosphoribosylpyrophosphate, uridine monophosphate, and intracellular glycogen stores. All of which are used in ATP formation and factors of available muscle energy.
Decacor Creatine can be found online at $39.95 for one month supply, $69.95 for a 2 month supply, or $99.95 for a 3 month supply; it also includes a 90 day satisfaction guarantee.
XPI Myonox claims to increase muscle strength, energy, and power; delay muscular fatigue; increase mental focus; up N.O. production; and increase lean muscle mass. This pre-workout supplement claims to enhance workout performance due to its cutting edge formula, laden with MYONOX’s ergogenics, Nitric Oxide cell volumizing matrix, muscle volumizing creatine matrix and mind stimulating matrix. Like NoxyFuel, Arginine AKG, Citrulline Malate, Creatine Monohydrate, Beta Alanine, Di-Creatine Malate, and Creatine Ethyl Ester are all ingredients in XPI Myonox. Additionally, there are eight ingredients used in XPI Myonox not used in NoxyFuel.
- L-Glutamine – L-Glutamine not only increases metabolism, but it protects muscles from being broken down and used for energy. Studies have shown that L-Glutamine boosts growth hormones and can assist the body in muscle production.
- Arginine Ethyl Ester — Arginine breaks down and creates nitric oxide in the body, which boosts blood flow and nutrient absorption. The ester improves the absorption and generation of nitric oxide. Overall, Arginine Ethyl Ester is fundamental in enhancing muscle function and accelerating the recovery process.
- L-Tyrosine – this organic amino acid enhances mental alertness and allows you to remain focused and motivated during your workouts. If you have issues with mental blocks when training, XPI Myonox may be the best option for you, due to this ingredient.
- Taurine – The basic building block of amino acids, Taurine works to develop skeletal muscles, serves as a metabolic transmitter, improves brain metabolism, stabilizes pulse, and boosts mental focus.
- Di-Calcium Phosphate – Also known as mono-hydrodrogen phosphate, this supplement works to prevent bone and joint pain and protects bones from damage during hard workouts.
- Di-Potassium Phosphate – Better than Gatorade, Di-Potassium Phosphate is an electrolyte often lost during intense workouts. Its primary function is to increase natural energy by keeping you hydrated.
- Di-Sodium Phosphate – Much like Di-Potassium phosphate, Di-Sodium Phosphate works to increase energy levels and hydrate the body.
- Sodium Bicarbonate – Sodium Bicarbonate assists athletes by hydrating the body, preventing over-training, nausea, vomiting, and other issues associated with intense and frequent workouts.
XPI Myonox can be purchased online at $54.95 for a 45 day supply, $104.95 for a 90 day supply, or $144.95 for a 135 day supply. XPI Myonox also offers a 90 day money back guarantee with the same guide lines as Musclecore Noxyfuel.
Compared to the previously stated supplements, XPI Myoswell has far fewer ingredients. If you are worried about the dangerous side effects often associated with performance enhancing supplements, but you still want something to help boost your workouts, XPI Myoswell might be just the thing for you. It has far fewer chemicals, two of which are natural and can be found in everyday food (cinnamon and chromium).
- Kre-Alkalyn Creatine – Kre-Alkalyn Creatin eliminates bloating by cutting water retention, as compared to other creatine formulas; it also does not turn into the toxic element cratinine.
- Arginine Ethyl Ester – Once arginine is ingested, the body breaks it down into nitric oxide which, as stated above, increases blood flow to muscles.
- R-ALA – In order to fix your natural elevated insulin level, caused by the carbs you consumed during your workout, R-ALA works as a dividing agent. It assists a higher amount of glucose to the muscle cells, in place of fat cells. This creates more lean muscle and decreases fat percentage. The idea is to help people build muscle with minimal weight gain, in the process.
- Cinnamon – According to the Ohio Research Group, cinnamon is shown to decrease fat in the body and increases the production of lean muscle mass. This is also why it is included in many weight loss supplements on the market today.
- Arginine AKG – Also included in the above mentioned pre workout supplements, Arginine AKG increases amino acid synthesis and improves protein usefulness in the body; once consumed, this ingredient increases the amount of Nitric Oxide in the blood.
- Chromium – This essential mineral is important for the body to control insulin production, which effects the transmission of amino acid, fat, and sugar in the bloodstream. This mineral helps increase muscle and reduce fat; like cinnamon, it is also often used in weight loss supplements.
XPI Myoswell can be purchased online at $44.95 for a 30 day supply; it offers the same 90 day warranty as stated above.
All of the above pre workout supplements have great reviews; it really depends on what you are looking for in a supplement. For example, if you are looking for strait creatine, Musclecore Decacor is probably the right choice for you; however, if you are just looking for a little pick me up during workouts and would like to limit long term health risks, you might consider XPI Myoswell. Mostly, it just depends on what your goals are and how your body responds to enhancers. No matter what you chose, make sure to consult with a physician before trying any of the before mentioned supplements. Some of the additives can be dangerous if you have certain medical conditions, allergies, or are sensitive to the ingredients.